Uphold is a unique desktop and mobile trading platform known for its unique “Anything-to-Anything” trading experience. With Uphold, you don’t need to perform multiple transfers to purchase metals, cryptocurrencies or stocksou can also trade assets directly using a bank account, cryptocurrency network or debit/credit card with 0% trading commissions.
For people wanting to buy precious metals or make crypto-to-crypto trades, Uphold is a great option. But it can feel overwhelming at first to those new to investing in cryptocurrencies. On the other hand, Coinbase hands out crypto for learning about crypto trading, making it a good choice for beginners.
Features of Uphold
- Provide cold storage
- No convenience fee
- Free to send money to your added contact
- Real Time fund control
- Encryption programs
- Currency conversion
Advantages of Uphold
- You can store cryptocurrency, precious metals, and fiat currencies in Uphold
- Uphold has a fast and super easy trading interface
- There is no convenience fee to buy stock using a bank account
- Uphold offers crypto rewards for learning about crypto
- Transactions sent between Uphold users are completely free
- There’s no minimum investment amouny to start a trade
- The transaction speed Is very fast
Disadvantages of Uphold
- It supports fewer crypto trading pairs
- It offers a less organized educational section compared to its competitors
- Fees are hidden in the buy and sell spreads
- Users don’t have complete control on the funds
While users can technically buy and sell cryptocurrencies on Uphold, it may not be honest to refer to it as a cryptocurrency exchange because that is not the platform’s focus. Instead, Uphold could be viewed as a system that is similar to PayPal or Skrill that also happens to have cryptocurrency integration.