Siacoin is a decentralized file storage system that incentivizes people to rent out their unused hard disk drive space to earn Siacoin, or SC. It does this by using a blockchain technology whose design is similar to Bitcoin with a few unique technical tweaks that allow it to be used efficiently for file storage.
Features of Siacoin;
- Decentralized storage platform
- Completely private
- Marketplace on blockchain
- Open source
How do you contact Siacoin directly?
Bitcoin.com is your premier source for everything Bitcoin related. We however are not the Bitcoin network itself, and cannot assist with questions unrelated to the Bitcoin.com suite of tools and services.
If you need help with general Bitcoin network questions and issues, please visit https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/ and ask questions there for a free and open discussion about Bitcoin with others in the Bitcoin community.
Some common issues of Siacoin;
- Loss of a wallet file.
- Unable to cash Siacoin.
- Two-factor authentication failed.
- Unable to receive a Siacoin.
- Account hacking issue.
- Unable to mine Siacoin.
- Unable to send Siacoin from my account.
- Connectivity Issues or “Connection Error”.
- Unable to open the Siacoin wallet.
- My password does not work.
- Trouble signing in on Sia.tech.
- Unable to sell and buy Siacoin.
- Hacking a payment gateway.
- User address error.
- Unable to deposit and withdraw USD.
- Wallet balance doesn’t show.
- Trouble connecting with the server.
Pros and Cons of Siacoin;
- Scalable solution to cloud storage
- Decentralized cloud storage costs less than other cloud storage services
- Open and straightforward roadmap
- Accurate storage solution
- Siacoin is an inflationary currency
- Limited market size